View Single Post
6/21/18, 1:54 PM   #50
Re: Different winners in USAC
Speedmax3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley56 View Post
since B main qualifiers get your time back for A main. if your one of the fast qualifiers and starting 5th or 6th in your heat why try to qualify in your heat race and take a chance of crashing and putting extra laps on your engine? when you can start up front in B main with open track in front of you and cruise. plus the track condition
in the B main is closer to the way it will be in the A main and have a better idea how to adjust your car for the A main.
I think B main qualifiers should tag the back of the A main and not get their times back. You are right that generally they get a little more knowledge of track condition. Always enjoyed watching someone who probably should have made it through his heat and failed, but made the back of the A main through the B and watch them move up through the field. As far as adjustable shocks having them or not, as long as it's the same for everybody. I think most still have them and just have the cable adjusters disconnected so driver can't adjust but they adjust the shock before the race. I guess it could open up another discussion on why stop there. Why not take away the air bleeders. most of them are running the electronic ones now and they aren't cheap. Just my thoughts