View Single Post
3/31/18, 1:06 AM   #42
Re: Aluminum v6 midget
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray3 View Post
The engine I'm calling $15k? Its right there in black and white for everyone to read. I didn't make the number up!!

I compared apples to apples. New D2 to new Badger. The fact is they are basically the same price. The difference is one performs better and has better reliability due to better internal parts.

You haven't made a dime but have you or are you planning to receive a free or reduced cost engine that is completely rebuilt and not a junk yard special like you want others to use? Why is it good enough for others to use junk yard specials when the owners of the series receive free or reduced price rebuilt engines?

Also, lets tell everyone where the rules were first! Badger style or D2? Cause if I recall the current Badger style rules were implemented in 2013 with the IMRA. Then D2 rules were implemented in 2016. So don't make it sound like Badger rules came later. I still have all the rule books and revisions with dates if anyone would like proof on that as well. Also, your rules in Florida do not match those of the MTM or the IMRA so which series is the real D2? And remember, you're in Florida! Not really a hotbed of Midget racing action. You are really in no position to tell other series what their rules should be.

I asked a really good friend of mine who is a former CEO of two very large companies how do we institute change in our sport. He told me to post verifiable facts and people will see the evidence and come around. Some day I think I'm going to introduce him to the people who argue with me so he can see how ridiculous people can actually be even when confronted with verifiable and factual information.

This is my last post on this thread. So if anyone wants to discuss this further with me PM me.
The engine I'm calling $15k? Its right there in black and white for everyone to read. I didn't make the number up!!
This engine is not allowed in our series

I compared apples to apples. New D2 to new Badger. The fact is they are basically the same price. The difference is one performs better and has better reliability due to better internal parts.

I have NO IDEA what you mean about "NEW" D-2....there are STOCK engines out there that is over 8 years old...I have 1 of them and one just won the 2018 GDN

You haven't made a dime but have you or are you planning to receive a free or reduced cost engine that is completely rebuilt and not a junk yard special like you want others to use? Why is it good enough for others to use junk yard specials when the owners of the series receive free or reduced price rebuilt engines?

I have not made a damn dime because I give it ALL back to the racer...I have NEVER received or am NOT planning on receiving anything for my cars so you need to quit with the he said she said crap and get YOUR facts straight, unlike others do. And Yes I have and do run "JUNK YARD" engines...2015 championship was won with a totally stock 2.0 focus from Rusty Acres I bought for $375.00. I am running a 2.4 ecotec with the stock intake and plenum for this year..again get your facts right

Also, lets tell everyone where the rules were first! Badger style or D2? Cause if I recall the current Badger style rules were implemented in 2013 with the IMRA. Then D2 rules were implemented in 2016.

Less do tell everyone the TRUTH ...D-2 was started in 2011 when I coined the name for my series that allowed Focus Midgets/Ecotec Midgets/Motorcycle powered Lightning sprints to run together as 1... spoke to USAC in 2014 about trying to help save the OLD Focus series by the had put all their faith into the HPD deal. In late 2015 3 groups (series) wanted to copy my said rules...IMRA and I was even 90% close to the same...I contacted Kenny in late 2015 about these rules and about we needed to try to ALL get on 1 (one) set of rules, thus the St. Louis meeting in 2016...My rules were way more radical then what was being discuss and I gave into WAY to much for the betterment of MY Division II such as I did not want ANY carbon Fiber at all...others did...I did not want ANY titanium...others did...I kept NO rotating Ti.....I did not want Dry sump...they kept it I did not...I lobbied for flat top aftermarket pistons being they all wanted aftermarket rods but the 3 ecotec engine builders did not want that because the LE5 ecotec is the ONLY stock piston with 11.1 flat tops and that rule would have brought the other engines being implemented uo to the same compression...In fact my EXACT words was "Do you want this to be an ALL Ecotec engine series......

So don't make it sound like Badger rules came later. I still have all the rule books and revisions with dates if anyone would like proof on that as well. Also, your rules in Florida do not match those of the MTM or the IMRA so which series is the real D2? And remember, you're in Florida! Not really a hotbed of Midget racing action. You are really in no position to tell other series what their rules should be.

Yes BADGER rules did came later....LOSSMS, MTM and IMRA are exact other than the piston rule and as far as D-2...both call themselves SpeeD2 not D-2....My series is based in Jacksonville Florida but race in 7 different states 14 different tracks not just 1 or 2 tracks ....YOU are right I am not in a hotbed for midget racing here in the south. I am trying my best to do something that several has told me it CAN NOT be done...My series was founded in 2010 and still going even though I have had to fight tooth and nail against people just like you...I have beliefs and Ideas just like everyone and do the best I can, yet you and a couple others continue to beat me down and I continue to get up, brush myself off and continue...What I am proud of the most is we do not race for small purses like others do..yes I have had to pull $$$ out of my pocket on several occasions but I will never not do what I told my racers I would do... speaking of purses...what is yours?

Here it is:

for 22 cars
1 $1,000.00
2 $500.00
3 $350.00
4 $250.00
5 $200.00
6 $180.00
7 $170.00
8 $160.00
9 $150.00
10 $140.00
11 $130.00
12 $125.00
13 $120.00
14 $100.00
15 $100.00
16 $100.00
17 $100.00
18 $100.00
19 $100.00
20 $100.00
21 $100.00
22 $100.00

ours for 24 cars:
1 $1,200.00
2 $700.00
3 $500.00
4 $450.00
5 $400.00
6 $375.00
7 $350.00
8 $325.00
9 $300.00
10 $275.00
11 $250.00
12 $250.00
13 $250.00
14 $250.00
15 $250.00
16 $225.00
17 $225.00
18 $225.00
19 $225.00
20 $225.00
21 $200.00
22 $200.00
23 $200.00
24 $200.00

And that is what we all should be racing for....

I asked a really good friend of mine who is a former CEO of two very large companies how do we institute change in our sport. He told me to post verifiable facts and people will see the evidence and come around. Some day I think I'm going to introduce him to the people who argue with me so he can see how ridiculous people can actually be even when confronted with verifiable and factual information.

Would love to meet him and introduce FACTS....

In Closing: Racing, we all love it and we all are passionate about it for their own reasons. All series are not perfect, we are not perfect and their was only 1 that was and it was today 2,018 years ago, he was taking because he was perfect. Remember that before you start casting stones..

Where ever you race, whoever you race with just please if you own a midget, get it out of the garage and go race it...SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL RACE TRACK!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com