View Single Post
3/29/18, 4:12 PM   #32
Re: Aluminum v6 midget
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper14 View Post
a guy from new Zealand and a guy from Australia bought a roller from us several years ago.they were from around Jacksonville ill.they were trying to get a v6 sprint car class going.they said over 100 v6 sprinters would show up for a race in austraila.motors were cheap and plentiful and somebody started making a kit to put it in a car.i don't think they got it going here but I thought it was a great idea to make racing affordable. rollers are affordable and a used v6 equals cheap racing and great car counts.CG
The bad part about starting a new class is you divide the racing up and actually have less cars in the end. That is the biggest hurdle to overcome. I would rather change what is already there. Give everyone ample time to use what they have, and slowly phase out current programs.

We need a reset in Midget racing and it is no secret I am all for the DOHC 4cyl Production Midget engine program. The program cuts Midget engine costs by at least 50-70% and the engines are still fast as hell. They also fit in current chassis with no modifications. Then, instead of $36,000 to $50,000 for new engines its more like $15,000-$18,000. http://www.dohcmidgetracing.com

Every other solution for Midget racing thus far has been talk and no action. Everyone has an idea but it has never been implemented and nobody knows if it works. At least you can say the DOHC program has been implemented somewhere and is being proven. The best part is its exceeding expectations!
Last edited by Ray3; 3/29/18 at 5:27 PM.