View Single Post
2/25/18, 9:27 PM   #30
Re: Driver adjustments
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

My thoughts on your question of the tire rule, My best educated guess would be that point fund $$ drives the 4 corner tire rule. I struggle with the open tire rule for a couple of different reasons #1 I feel my tire and wheel inventory would double to make sure I was covered for every conceivable situation. #2 I think the top teams would become sponsored by tire company's therefor making the perceived rich a little richer.

there are already teams sponsored by tire companies. tell me YOU don't have a deal. You may not get them free, but you don't pay what a field filler pays.

Which leads to the Hoosier only rule. If I have to run a tire because it is a rule, then everyone should pay the same price. Example is the Right Rear Hoosier Medium, everyone is supposed to pay the same price because it is a spec tire. USAC has now made the Hoosier company a spec tire. So they field fillers are technically paying for your team to race cheaper.

2 members like this post: snowdrift, spicoli