View Single Post
2/14/18, 1:48 PM   #29
Re: Daytona crowd so small today
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealether View Post
Ask Brian France how much money The State of Florida and Volusia county gave him for the Daytona Project. Betting it's a far cry more than Indy ever got from taxpayers.
I really don't know for sure if your evaluation is accurate or not. I suspect that there is a degree of truth but that has nothing to do with the fact that gouging is gouging regardless who is doing the gouging. I don't know all that much about the Indiana ticket tax that was levied on our Indy seats or who's getting their bread buttered, but on the surface it sure seems as if the state, to a some extent, is the one benefiting monetarily from the ticket tax, not the other way around. I'll gladly stand corrected if I'm off base.

I will say this, at one time we had tickets to 3 different NASCAR Cup venue's (Daytona, Michigan & later Chicagoland) and we never experienced ticket price increases like we did for Indy in the years leading up to the 100th running. Not at all carrying water for the NASCAR tracks, just stating facts. It's obvious we aren't forced to purchase tickets to any event but after 30 years of patiently waiting our turn to get into the seats we've always desired for the Indy 500 and then have them increase in price the year after we get them to the tune of nearly 45% in just 2 years is just a bit unsettling!!
Last edited by ISF; 2/14/18 at 1:56 PM.

3 members like this post: fish, okie, superstock30