View Single Post
ISF (Offline)
  #25 2/13/18 6:39 PM
Originally Posted by brsteg:
But Daytona has way beyond priced themselves out of business. $70+ tickets for qualifying runs and 75 lap exhibition, probably the same or more starting price for duels and trucks, talked with my boss who is headed to the big track tomorrow and Xfinity is like $170, and the 500 is in the $200's.
Daytona isn't the only race where tickets are over $200.00. When I renewed our 2 tickets for the 102nd running of the Indy 500 it cost me $459.00. And believe me, the spectator amenities at Indy can't be mentioned in the same breath as the new Daytona spectator experience. Our Indy tickets went up $80.00 apiece in just 2 years. It was called the "centennial price readjustment", or some such cockamamie thing and the State of Indiana hung a sizable tax on the tickets, as well. It was mainly an excuse to jack the hell out of the ticket prices in anticipation of a huge crowd for the 100th running. Daytona doesn't have the patent on gouging, by no means.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
2 Likes: fish, jim goerge