View Single Post
1/12/18, 7:39 PM   #12
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Yes. It is.

This is apparently how they are going to set the two Saturday B Main starting lineups (straight from the Chili Bowl website):

"ALL POSITIONS IN RACES OTHER THAN SATURDAY’S A MAIN WILL LINE UP UPON THE ORIGINAL DRAW OF THE WINNERS PRIOR TO THE POLE DASH. Example-If the Friday winner draws number 1, the Wednesday winner draws number 2, Tuesday winner draws number 3 and the Thursday winner draws number 4, all positions in all races will be based on Friday first, Wednesday second, Tuesday third and Thursday fourth."

So it sounds like there will be 28 cars locked into the two Saturday Night B Mains, 14 in each. Seven cars from each weeknight advance (7 x 4 = 28). These are the cars finishing 4-10 in the weeknight A Mains (the Top 3 are locked into the A Main for Saturday Night). For anyone else to get into one of the Saturday Night B Mains, they will have to advance from a C Main (there will be two C Mains). Six drivers in each C Main will advance, making each B Main 20 drivers.

I can only say the B Mains will be a pill draw of some sort. The more I read this, the more my headache hurts.
In comparison, the federal tax code seems simple.

You have an even number (4) of prelim nights. And you have an even number (2) of B Mains. Why not just feed the 4th thru 10th place finishers on Tues/Wed into the 1st B, and the Thurs/Friday P4-P10 finishers into the second B?

2 members like this post: jdull99, jjones752