View Single Post
1/12/18, 4:40 AM   #7
Re: Saturday's Chili Bowl A&B Main Lock-ins (Spoiler Alert)
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
According to this interview that I posted the link for, Larson stated he was locked into the feature since he won the race of champions. Larson is actually driving a car that is owned by his dad but Keith Kunz prepared it and maintained it.
here’s the link: http://jeffgluck.com/chili-bowl-night-1-kyle-larson/

By T.J. Buffenbarger
TULSA, Ok. (January 9, 2018) — Kyle Larson dodged the adversity he has faced the past two years at the Chili Bowl Nationals during his preliminary night to win the main event during Warren Cat Qualifying Night Tuesday at the Tulsa Expo Raceway. The win was Larson’s Fourth career preliminary win and first since 2015.

While the victory was for Larson, avoiding misfortune that could keep him from being locked into Saturday’s finale was just as enjoyable.

“It’s cool to be back up here on the stage,” Said Larson. “This is probably the first time I’ve had a smooth prelim night in probably five or six years it feels like. It was a clean night and hopefully we can keep it going on Saturday,” said Larson. “Extremely excited to lock in. Last year I got to watch the 55-lap race, and that was no fun.”...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)