View Single Post
12/3/17, 3:18 PM   #12
Re: New Promoter Coming to Gas City?
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Rich all classes have a right to the track.
Many a times I've seen the stock classes put on a better show then a tracks premier class / classes.
I don't mind when a track runs 5 classes as long as they are good a getting us out at a decent time (10:30pm / 11:00pm).
To me 4 classes are enough on a regular night.
As I've states before I'll watch any type of racing.
To me if your a real fan you don't care what type of class it is as long as it's a good race.
Racing is racing period weather it's a Sprint Car, Midget, Late Model, Modified, Street, Stocks, Mini Sprints, or 4 Cylinders.
I've seen some damn good shows in all of them over the years.
If there truly is a new promoter at Gas City I hope they do what they can to keep the track open and as profitable as possible.
I hate to see tracks close even if I don't like person running it.
If your a race fan and your able to support them if they manage to get Gas City Open on a weekly basis do so.
That's how their able to stay open.
Don't be a hypocrites you want them open but don't like the stock classes.
I find that odd since that's where a lot of a race tracks income comes from.
Here's an Idea for a weekly show at Gas City.
Run 3 classes weekly and rotate a 4th class: 410 Non-Wing Sprint Cars, Midgets, 600 Wing / Non-Wing Mini Sprints.
Rotate UMP Modifieds, Street Stocks, 4 cylinders, or a special touring division like MMSA.
If there is a big special like BOSS that will likely bring a good field of cars just run 3 classes that evening.
If there is a new promoter at Gas City GOOD LUCK to you.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TRACK BEFORE THEIR CLOSED! Cheers
Last edited by nathans1012; 12/3/17 at 3:20 PM.

5 members like this post: dusty tracks, EBookerFan, mc/rider, racenut69, tirespinner