View Single Post
12/1/17, 5:46 PM   #8
Re: Eric Gordon and HAR to Run 2018 Little 500
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I've kinda known there was something going on between them and Doran for a while now. Rob Hoffman agreed to build last years car and he and August did, Richard on paint and probably a little Cowboy action as well. Weather they are using the same car or not, IDK. Heard speculation of a motor plan with a different number of cylinders but don't know if that will be the case either.

Yes, Doran Racing, of IMSA fame.
I don't know how many crew members will be returning. Smoke had a couple of his guys with em last year but many were from the year before with Swanson. If Rob will be race weekend chief or anything,

I wouldn't say give the trophy away, But they're there to win if they can. Can't imagine anyone's much better than the top five or six of last year, Hamilton was fast all race, Santo's was fast all race and at the end, clearly the fastest. Swanson was DOMINANT in the middle part of the race till his spin. Smoke was hot from 2/3rds on but gained the most positions on the first pit strategy and losing any chance of getting back to the lead lap from the second pit stop.

It takes a lot of luck and some strategy along with a good car as I seen, Armstrong and Weir were among the fastest during the race but fell on hard times. Pierce and Coons too.

Good luck to HAR/Doran/CincyKen/Mean Green/Lykins and anyone I forgot. I guess I'll have to go see this one too. I enjoyed my first this year and I really didn't think I would. But I was floored just how hard and how long they raced in a sprint car, when your used to the most being 40 or even the Amati 68
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/1/17 at 5:49 PM.

7 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Kydehart, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Puppy, speed bump, turn4