View Single Post
9/24/17, 7:05 PM   #21
Re: Eldora racing surface?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
Charles I'm talking about other threads other years that you said You wouldn't go back unless something changed. The biggest beef with ya is saying it was so dusty that you couldn't see cars on the track. Ya I'm sure if you was sitting in turn 1 that might be the case but then move because there was other parts of the track you could see every thing.
I had the perfect seat, I was just beyond the roof on the top of the patio seat four in a lawn chair with legroom, cooler, even though I was buying water and power-aid instead of the pop I brought. I could see everything except right there in one where the dust cloud was piling in. All that dust was going beyond me into those stands in one and two and the hillside seating. still had to take a good shower and have a car that is still covered in dirt after 130 miles of driving (That I expect at about any dirt track. But not walls of dust) Like I said many of them Earl shows had waves of dust in the features but it was pretty even and you could still see. Just seemed last night that every time the cars cut into one it just threw plumes up.into the wall and it was just a blind spot to us up there until the consi's and features when the track actually quit blowing dust and sealed over..

I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for things to be, or get better. Most things have, except the surface itself IMHO.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55