View Single Post
9/19/17, 9:23 AM   #35
Re: Big E 4 Crown picks
ossuks

Very entertaining banter .....

Everyone has "their" favorite type of track ! Most like Hammer Down big cushion short tracks. To me these type of tracks are usually narrow, it might be 60 feet wide but the fast line is narrow and does not allow for a lot of actual racing. To me the perfect track is one that is big enough to carry some speed but not Bellville hold your breath speed. More like Kokomo/ Granite City speed, with a slicked off bottom and a cushion up on the fence. A track that requires brawn and talent. WHICH brings me to Eldora....The Big E can be "hold your breath fast", which is not very often....But when I like Eldora is when there is about 2 foot of fluff against the wall, when they bang the RR off the 2nd turn wall, when slide jobs are the way to pass, to me that is Eldora!!! Bad Eldora is when the dust climbs up the fence and the fans can see!!

Wind direction plays a big part in how the dust effects the viewing. If you want a big deep wet cushion, do not go to Eldora, if you want to see speed and talent, 5 classes of cars, all at one venue deep in tradition, then "pack up the babies and grab the old lady and everyone goes" !!!

Sometimes me thinks people just like to *****, or are envious of wealth and fame (Tony Stewart)?

I like wings, midgets, sprints, even NASCAR trucks at Eldora, not a Lm dirt fan but do like some LM pavement....but not going to jump on those that do like the LM on dirt.

Midget: Boat
Sprint: Darland
Champcar: Grant
WOO DS
All Stars ?
Last edited by ossuks; 9/19/17 at 9:25 AM.