View Single Post
8/10/17, 2:04 PM   #10
Re: Shady hill this weekend
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
We also ran our sprint car there that season till we broke the rear end and never did recover. Talking to the folks that owned it at that time, they told me they pulled the plug too quickly on sprints and wish they would have kept them. As far as now, I haven't been there this year but I certainly will be Friday. I have heard that things have been inconsistent with the track at best, but as anyone who's been involved with prepping a dirt track can tell you it's not easy and you need some time to learn the surface plus deal with whatever the climate throws your way. As freshman owners, I'll give them the benefit of doubt as they learn what the track likes. I know it can produce good racing as I've witnessed it many times myself. As far as even running sprint cars and midgets, they get the stamp of approval from me. I'll be there and going to try to bring some friends with me, hopefully it's well supported by fans and teams both
Glad you are going to make it too support the track and drivers. I'm not worried about track prep as we all run the same track I'm more concerned with not being stuck there all night due to a early morning appointment and knowing our drivers will be taken care of if need be with medical staff at the track. We are going and hope that the stands are packed so maybe we can get another place North to race, going South is very hard as our people work and cant get off in time to make it down South.

Again thank you Shady Hill and thank you in advance to all the fans that show up

Jerry #66j