View Single Post
8/8/17, 3:41 PM   #5
Re: Shady hill this weekend
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Sounded as if last weekend they had a rough go and didn't get done until very late (there was a rain shower mixed in there as well). I wasn't there so can't comment on how the show was ran. That said, I wish them luck this weekend.

I'm glad to see the MSCS going out and giving tracks that don't normally run sprint cars (they ran at Boswell last year) a chance and thankful there are tracks willing to operate outside their normal comfort zones.

If these tracks and sanctioning bodies can pull these shows off they have the possibility of tapping into new fans and getting more people interested in non-wing sprint cars which is a win-win for everyone involved.
I was there. Shadyhill is one of my home tracks. If people think it's such a bad place as far as time then explain 6 classes started at about 7:30 and out by 11:30. Understand The time is an issue for some but the racing it self has been a lot better this year. The new promoter is the best that track has had in many years. The track prep has been a lot better this year. The Topless 20 UMP Modified feature this past weekend was a photo finish. If you guys would like to have another place to race in the future this is a good place to start. Who knows you could have a few more Friday shows next year. I'm willing to stick my neck out for this place even though I have been a bit critical in the past. Yes they still have a ways to go as far as track improvements but remember it all cost money to do that and it don't just happen over night.

Friday, August 11th 2017
MSCS 410 Non-Wing Sprint Cars
Teen-4's (4 cyl. ages 12-19) - Track is giving these young drivers a chance to race in front of a different crowd and to have some down time for the sprints to make adjustments.

With just 2 classes the races should be over fairly early. This will be the 1st time they have had actual sprint cars there in many years (Not including that Steel Block Non-Wing series about 6 / 7 years ago. Think 2010 / 2011). They ran Sprint as a weekly class in I believe 1990. If I remember correctly Warsar's Kevin Atkins was the track champ that year.

Also there will be a large FIREWORKS show for the fans.
Last edited by nathans1012; 8/8/17 at 4:11 PM.