View Single Post
6/20/17, 12:23 PM   #29
Re: Hoosier Hundred Not being rescheduled
rj1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
The fair turned down the date USAC and the promoter wanted from what I hear. I have been attending these races since 1977. The product is to me as good as ever.
Brickyard weekend I assume? Here's what I posted herepreviously on a proposed reschedule date.

Quote:
I'm seeing the State Fair starts on August 4th and runs until the 20th, so 2 weeks before that is Friday, July 21st, Brickyard 400 weekend.

Silver Crowns run IRP on July 20th and Toledo on July 28th.

They have Salem on August 12th and Springfield on August 19th.

Since it's going from pavement to dirt, is back-to-back nights possible for the Silver Crown crowd or do the engines say "nay" to all that?
I do think one issue with racing the sport sometimes is there's a complete lack of political nous involved, at least when you get outside the Frances, the Georges, Bruton Smith, and whoever the people are that setup street races.

I was wondering the other day how many people race on a weekend in this country. Total. Going from NASCAR down to the guy that races a Toyota Celica on a 1/4-mile oval. You can then add on the owners, the guys that help in crew, the promoters, everyone that volunteers at the track. The number, whatever it is, has to be pretty huge, and that's not even counting the paying customers. Yet, we're an invisible minority to large segments of society. Imagine if all those people that are in and support racing could be organized...

Was actually thinking of getting in ******** myself, although only at a Township Board level in Fort Wayne's county come 2018 because I'm not native and realized the ******** where I'm at are professional enough I wouldn't have much chance making it past a primary in any more high-profile race. But it sounds like, at least for where this is concerned, racers need to get involved to make their voice heard. It'd help if some big name became a spokesman for the sport. (TONY! )
Last edited by rj1; 6/20/17 at 12:39 PM.