View Single Post
5/5/17, 12:18 PM   #24
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Many of the non wing fans on here act like being a fan of winged cars is like having herpes. This is where the acrimony begins. I don't know how many times I feel like I am being called too stupid to recognise what I like when, I read the wing bashing. It always starts with the non wing purists. I have never jumped into a thread stating that non wing cars suck because you can get out and push faster than you can drive them through the corners, although at times I want to. I would not be into sprint cars if it weren't for winged cars. What got me hooked was the speed. I was 29 when I saw winged cars on a 1/2 mile, and it literally gave me goose bumps. I know winged racing has snoozers, but I have seen plenty of non wing snoozers. But when a winged race turns into 3 fast cars throwing sliders at 120 mph through lapped traffic for the win, it offsets a lot of boring races. I can see other classes that run about the same speed as non wing cars, so if my introduction to sprint cars had been non wing, there would have been no goose bumps, and I would not have moved across the country to race sprint cars.
Last edited by Rhody; 5/5/17 at 12:20 PM.

1 member likes this post: ModernDayDrifter