View Single Post
5/5/17, 9:53 AM   #23
Re: Maybe This Is A Step In the Right Direction
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayDrifter View Post
Put me in coach, I'm ready to play today...

Supporting winged sprints does "NOTHING" for non-wing sprints "at all." This is your claim. So, just last year alone I introduced 7, yes 7, people to non-wing racing. Around our parts we have winged cars, I introduced them to winged cars as well before hand, then told them about and showed them videos of non wing cars. Now 5 out of the 7 prefer non-wing and the other two, like myself, are just a fan of racing. Apparently, capturing their attention using winged cars DID SOMETHING for promoting non-wing racing. Oh, did I mention that 4 of them never seen a race live in their life, while the other 3 were casual fans. I do my part.

I never got upset? A smart ass comment, eh maybe.

YOU don't like winged sprints, so YOU don't support it. Again, biased opinions have no place in the promotion of a sport that has struggled to gain national exposure.

One instance where WoO directly caused USAC to get an invite... I think next week Eldora is doing the #LetsRaceTwo with USAC and WoO on the same ticket two nights in a row. Someone sees that one influences the other. Smart people.

I sure hope that the comment about being disrespectful was not directed towards me, I haven't been disrespectful....... yet.

I am a fan of the full body cars as well. In fact, I prefer latemodels and modifieds over sprint cars of any kind. Big blocks are what draw me to Charlotte every year for the WoO World Finals. Saying that they wont bring USAC is such a logical statement. How long did it take you to come up with that line? The answer is to FULLY support racing, while FULLY promoting your favorite things about it. That IS the answer. Why? Because our sport needs it.

Now, on to the religious comment. My favorite part. If you are going to use a Bible verse to attempt to prove a point, at least use the whole verse. Let me help you with that... Luke 16:13 "No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”

So, the important part you forgot (or just elected not to include) is "You cannot serve God and mammon." I do not see how this makes any sense in the way you have portrayed (or not) it but I will play along anyway... Using the context you are making a claim that God would be equivalent to USAC and mammon (material wealth) would be the equivalent of WoO... I have a suspicion that our almighty leader would not take too kind to you comparing him to anything at all...
Edited for tone and clarity:

I purposely left out the God and Mammon part because it wasn't the point I was shooting for. I think expecting a positive influence on non-wing sprints by promoting winged sprints would be a long shot. What I'm saying is if a given track hosts a WoO show I don't expect this will lead to them having a USAC/CRA date in future. I think you may be referencing increasing fanbase and I'm looking at class growth, so perhaps 2 different views, but not opposing ones.