View Single Post
4/16/17, 7:12 PM   #48
Re: Indy 500: F1 - McLaren's Fernando Alonso to run the Indy
Brickyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
In your lengthy rants you've pretty much trashed USAC, IRL, and people we consider as heroes; dirt racers everywhere.
No where in this thread have I done any of what you claim. However, if you refuse to acknowledge history and fact, that's not on me. And if you want to continue making the claim that you are being shut out by evil and powerful forces who look down upon you like peons, continue on even though it's been cited right here by not only myself but others that a path does exist, that is if you want to do what it takes to get on that path.

I suggest you look at the entry list this year and ask a solid question as to where those guys you want there are and why that is.....the closest one to it is Ed Carpenter and pretty much no one else. So yea, like I've said before, you owned the show after 1996.....but there is an old adage of being careful about what you wish for.....make no mistake they aren't making that same mistake of 20 years ago again. And judging by the uptick in attendance over the past couple of years it appears the ticket payer has spoken as well in regards to what they want. Guys like yourself might have been shut out forever....and it's really sad, because it honestly could have been prevented.

I'm now going to crack open a Budweiser with a ham sandwich since I'm such the snooty fox who's scared to get grease under my fingernails while playing polo with my Uropeein friends.
Last edited by Brickyard; 4/16/17 at 7:15 PM.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55