View Single Post
2/21/17, 6:45 PM   #7
Re: A Driver's Call for Help from Other Drivers
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

JJ, Granted I've not gotten to see you run much the last couple years, I did notice the times I did. You and Angi up in the stands handing out Hero Cards, signing shirts etc for a bit when you had time. I think it's great.

Im convinced that after the races is never going to happen. Usually because tracks have three or four or even five classes running and it can be a hour and a half or more before the other classes finish to open the pits up. Kokomo is pretty quick on Sun Night often having the show in by sundown. GC used to open the pits by class after they finished.

I think the more interaction the track allows between fans and drivers, The better. LPS with it's little feet and bike races with the drivers. Burg with it's redraw (Which I wish they'd just pick the pills in the pits and have the stage open to all drivers wanting to participate in a interact session) A few interviews etc.) But it's good some kids get to meet with the drivers.

Actually meeting the people involved in the sport is what gets people to come back. doesn't matter if your a champion or back marker. Almost all your conclusions about the drivers, teams etc go out the window when you actually meet and talk to them. I used to love to go early and walk the pits for a hour before hot laps but now I can't justify spending double entry price just to do so very often. It's not like I was running around the pits in anyone's way close too or during race time. Although I know there are those who do when their favorite class isn't on the track.

Anyway, Thanks JJ and Josh and the others who do more than just show up and race. It's the future fans and racers that ensure our sport and tracks continue for years to come.