View Single Post
1/12/17, 3:58 PM   #17
Re: Why Fuel Injection?
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
I am pretty much opposed to anything that further fragments sprint cars, so I would say of the options you list, a standard Racesaver 305 would be my pick. I came from asphalt stock cars,and part of the appeal for me was the lack of rules, and the fact that you could take a 410 or ASCS 360 and race all over the country. When I started I had no clue about sprint car technology and just learned as I went. I like sprints because they are monsters, so I hate 305's, but if I was in GA and dead set against wings I would try the 305 route, that way the same car can go race with the winged Racesavers and I am not stuck with an oddball car that I can't race anywhere else. You may not be interested in wing racing but if you are trying to attract more cars that should be a consideration. I would also stay away from starters and transmissions, they are hurting the budget non wing class out here because of the expense.
Thank you I'll take that into consideration. I am as you put it, "dead set against wings", I won't bother if wings are involved because it just adds another dimension of difficulty, that and the FASTRAK crate late model people tried to get a wing sprint class going, but got no interest. The difference in what I'm planning to do and what they did is I'm gonna build 2 cars and actually let people try them out and see how awesome they are. The NEWS guys up north did it that way and the class exploded in a very short time. The FASTRAK dudes just threw the idea out and hoped somebody would build a car... Crickets. Personally I think the racing is better with non-wing than a wing, not that WoO sprints aren't impressive, but the minute you slap a wing on anything the engine costs go up and up and up, because it takes HP to push it threw the air. The upside to where you are in California, is that its the other hotbed of sprints. Out of all the budget minded (full size) sprint car classes I've looked into, the RS305 is by far the most racy, to me. The RS305 & 360 wing stuff exists in the Carolina's(as a tour) and in Florida, but zero weekly sprints of any kind run in Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina or Tennessee, that I am aware of. The biggest reason I'm considering the GM602 is there is already an abundance of them around my area and thats one less obstacle in swaying people to commit. Second, the GM602 is what is working in the NorthEast as well as the transmission/starter deal. I'm only in the planning stages, trying to learn everything I can, watching to see what works in other areas and do everything I can to make this a success. I really do appreciate everyone's input, opinions and advice. I do have one question, you mentioned the transmission being an issue, what's the problem with it? Failures or Initial expense?