Thread: chili bowl ROC
View Single Post
1/11/17, 11:55 AM   #26
Re: chili bowl ROC
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolklSkier View Post
Okay I admit to reading this and having a bored at work moment so I was curious what it would actually cost to attend and here is what I came up with using my good friend google to find averages for prices:

Multi day pit pass: $220

Average American spends $33 per day on food while traveling: $231

Average hotel room cost $141 per night according to hotels.com. Figuring arriving Monday and departing Sunday: $987

23.6 miles per gallon is current average of all cars and trucks in the US and since this is Indiana Open Wheel, I used Indy as the start point for the drive. 635 miles from Indy to Tulsa 635 x 2 for round trip = 1,270 miles and 53.8 gallons of gas. Average gas price in Oklahoma (second lowest in the nation currently, so gas cost will be more in reality) $2.14 x 53.8 = $115.13

Total cost based on 'averages' is $1,553 which is just gas, hotel, food and event tickets. It would be very easy to push it up to over 2k and yes it is also easy to cut into the cost as well. But the 2k number truly doesn't seem to be far off.

Anyway, I had better get back to work now that I have my morning distraction over.
Nice compilation of numbers........Welcome aboard!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Steve Wendel, tirespinner