View Single Post
10/31/16, 5:28 PM   #17
Re: Insurance on trailer and contents?
mmalie51

I am an insurance agent out here in California and not only insure my midget/trailer/tools/spares, but service a few other teams policies as well. Although I can only write coverage on the west coast, the companies I prefer are nation wide.

K&K Insurance out of Fort Wayne has a good program and specialize in racing as many of you know when signing into tracks. They do anything from track liability to individual teams (Liability and Property).

Another great program that just recently started is with Hagerty Insurance. Although they are known for classic vehicles, their program is very competitively priced, including coverage for your racecar, trailer, tools, and spares.

These two companies package these into one policy to save you from the headache of an auto policy for the trailer, homeowners or business property policy for the tools and equipment, and the hard to find coverage for a racecar and spares. A general rule of thumb, anything related to an auto would not be covered by a homeowners policy (racecar, spare parts/wheels) unless you have a specific policy or endorsement.

I recently saw a great article in Circle Track Magazine about this exact topic.

Mark.