View Single Post
10/24/16, 4:42 AM   #2
Re: this year and next

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

I feel your pain. Lots of races get passed up that I would like to make. A few races get vacation dates ( chili bowl, 500/kokomo) but mostly just try to look out a few weeks and try to match up days off with the best race available. This may mean just one or two days of any midget or sprint week on a wed or Thursday. Someday I hope to join the camping crowd for these weeks but just cant do now. Also try to get some second shifts after any shows with long drives.

Years back I realized there where plenty of cool tracks within 3,4,5 6? hours drive. hitting new tracks is fun. I've tried to get to one or two news ones each year. This year was badlands. I liked what I saw there and next years rock in roll gold cup will also include USAC midgets. It may make my vacation request list. You may want to consider that one. Late July next year. Knoxville is something you should see at least once. I have been going down for just Saturday. Been buying decent seats online just a few days before once I know I can go.

As you say there it lots of factors in deciding. I Had my share of birthdays graduations and sick days get in the way this year. Like I said a few get vacation days but mostly just look ahead for my next free days and search sanction and track schedules for the best option based on distance, weather, support classes. I follow midgets and sprints non and winged and usually can find something cool within a few hours.

2 members like this post: davidm, flagboy55