View Single Post
9/27/16, 12:17 PM   #20
Re: eldora format change
kylezero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Honstly with no sugar coat?

I had no problem with the format whatsoever other than the poor planning on starting it on time and the scheduled start time being late for a show like that anyway.

If they'd started racing at six, They'd of been done at 11-12 a majority would have seen the whole thing and stayed for it. Hotlap and qualify them puppies at one or two. work the heck out of it.and run it off. (Which they did) just late on all counts.

I was actually impressed with the track once they started racing. It held up, at least till deep in the All Star feature.. Just felt like maybe one or two more tractors and a couple more packers would have made that two hour prep time a lot quicker. It dragged on forever, I seen em get it worked in after a rain quicker than that before.

I kinda feel he used USAC to show off his all stars and pad the gate. It's ok, It's Eldora, The wings were pretty good.

Just a worlds greatest dirt track with second rate planning. I kinda over reacted in my initial post as to never coming back, But I was not pleased getting home after 4am. Even many campers bailed.
one thing i saw that could of helped with the late show, park the crown cars up top, they would have only had to open the gate a couple times instead of all night long at 5 minutes or longer each time. since the crown cars didnt run heats it would of knocked at least an hour of the show. i understand the guys needing to get to cars and what not, just and idea?

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, PIT CART