View Single Post
8/20/16, 3:21 PM   #64
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Do you honestly think that because Schatz or Shane Stewart go and run Badlands for a one off event that it's somehow going to hurt WoO in the long run? It's not like 50k to win shows happen on a weekly basis.

I still don't get what the big deal is? Like I said on WoO off nights during Speedweeks in FL you have guys running ASCoC that are WoO regulars. Pittman, Saldana, Stewart, etc (all big names in WoO) ran Cocopah and there was no drama there.

Not trying to argue with you. I just think all the drama up that way is more of a result of the Badlands/Chuck vs. WoO rather than WoO trying to protect their product.
where do you draw the line? If it's ok to go run one show , why not another next week? As far as Florida/ cocopah it's a little different deal in that the WoO season hasn't started.
As far as badlands /chuck vs WoO, it's my understanding that chuck only wanted the cars, no dirtvision , no Craftsman etc. the WoO would have been stupid to cave to his demands.
I'm sure chuck has done a lot of good things with husets with all he's done to the track and increased purses etc but there is one common denominator in the friction in that area & that would be chuck.
I've been to husets/badlands several times and had high expectations of riding out to see the improvements but seeing how everything has unfolded I'm gonna wait a bit.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge