View Single Post
8/20/16, 2:26 PM   #62
Re: Badlands Speedway Gold Cup ?
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
You can't see what it would hurt? What it hurts is it dilutes their product. If a promotor can stage a good paying show and get the top WoO cars without the sanction fee and paying the purse threw out the field, what reason to have them? That's why USAC purses are where there at.... You just as likely to see some of them at any track that's running if USAC is off...can you imagine what USAC could pay if there top 10-15 cars were contracted to them and the only chance you'd see them is at a USAC show?
As far as BOSS, it is a great concept with a decent purse & I applaud their efforts to have a series that a blue collar guy can run and (mostly) afford. They have some great talent but I'm not sure they have the star power yet to restrict their guys from running elsewhere. My .02
Do you honestly think that because Schatz or Shane Stewart go and run Badlands for a one off event that it's somehow going to hurt WoO in the long run? It's not like 50k to win shows happen on a weekly basis.

I still don't get what the big deal is? Like I said on WoO off nights during Speedweeks in FL you have guys running ASCoC that are WoO regulars. Pittman, Saldana, Stewart, etc (all big names in WoO) ran Cocopah and there was no drama there.

Not trying to argue with you. I just think all the drama up that way is more of a result of the Badlands/Chuck vs. WoO rather than WoO trying to protect their product.
Last edited by Nate; 8/20/16 at 2:31 PM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, flagboy55