View Single Post
8/20/16, 1:21 PM   #61
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
BOSS is a "true" concept and they pull more cars on average than MSCS, USAC or any other non-wing series in the country. WoO you never know how many cars are going to show either. They may pull enough to run a C-Main or it could be like earlier this week where the Dash alone nearly constituted half of the field.

What I don't get is WoO regulars ran ASCoC events during Speedweeks and it's not an issue, they run Winter Heat at Cocopah and it's not an issue, yet they couldn't run Brandon last night when they themselves had no race? Why?

I realize they're a popular series and they do get fans in the stands although sometimes their races can be less than exciting. But I would think with nothing going on it can't hurt to let drivers go elsewhere. You don't see USAC getting bent out of shape when their drivers do other events on off nights.
You can't see what it would hurt? What it hurts is it dilutes their product. If a promotor can stage a good paying show and get the top WoO cars without the sanction fee and paying the purse threw out the field, what reason to have them? That's why USAC purses are where there at.... You just as likely to see some of them at any track that's running if USAC is off...can you imagine what USAC could pay if there top 10-15 cars were contracted to them and the only chance you'd see them is at a USAC show?
As far as BOSS, it is a great concept with a decent purse & I applaud their efforts to have a series that a blue collar guy can run and (mostly) afford. They have some great talent but I'm not sure they have the star power yet to restrict their guys from running elsewhere. My .02

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge