View Single Post
7/9/16, 8:08 AM   #6
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

It was extremely unfortunate and quite frankly ridiculous. We got there around 11 to put seats down. No signs posted hat we couldn't and nothing blocking our ability to get in. We return around 2 and see that an 8.5x11 sheet of paper is posted saying no blankets in grandstands until 4. Yet the entrance is still wide open for people to get in. Someone said the sign was posted around 2-230. Then, to make it all sorts of worse, they go into the stands around 3-330 and start ripping up blankets / seats and bring them out and put at the end of the line. No announcement was made (which would have at a MINIMUM been the courteous thing to do). They said they wanted it to be fair for everyone. Then ya know what, post your damn sign the night before then lock the place up. They screwed up once by letting people in early then they just made it worse by changing the rules midway. Now, at the end of the day, we got the same seats we had before ripping them up but it was absolutely ridiculous the way this was handled.

Also, they didn't allow folks to go into the pits by buying a $1 50/50 ticket like they usually do. We were told by the kid at the gate hat he was waiting on the 50/50 gal to get there but she never did. Disappointing for sure.

We are rule followers and will do what the track expects but GC messed up last night by changing the rules on people midstream.

Does that mean I'm going to boycott Kokomo? No. I know the rules there and it's consistent (whether I like them or not).

Several trips to the concession stand to find absolutely no food prepared was unfortunate too.

Ok I'm done. Off to Kokomo n🏁