6/29/16, 10:47 AM   #15
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

[quote=Midget 89;449997]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
O
I do not wish to argue any point here, however I do stand firm that NASCAR can manipulate races and outcomes more than anyone, and they did so this past Sunday. They got what they want now. It is what it is and a fan of that series should always know what to expect.

I agree that NASCAR can and does manipulate races. But how can you be so sure that they did in this case?

I think he's referring to the debris caution that was thrown shortly after the announcers were discussing how beneficial it would be for Tony if the caution flag were to fly. And while I agree with him in the sense that debris cautions in NASCAR seem to come at times when their story lines can be helped, the drivers have to do their part too. I don't really see how they could "fix" Stewart holding Truex and Hamlin off for all of those laps and fix that last lap to happen how it did. I also have no idea why, if they are truly manipulating races and seasons, they would do so in a way that resulted in Johnson winning 5 championships in a row and 6 out of 8. His dominance is, in my opinion, one of the main reasons NASCAR is struggling as they probably lost some fans during his run. I do believe the cynicism is warranted, just as long as it is kept within reason.