View Single Post
4/22/16, 10:57 AM   #1
Nascar-lug "nuts"
ossuks

Lets only put on a % of the available lug nuts so a team can have a faster pit stop! Yes, as crazy as that may sound that is part of the 2016 NASCAR rules package!!! Each week we now see drivers/teams concerned they might have a loose wheel ? What could possibly go wrong with a car missing a wheel/tire and a errant wheel/tire rolling around? If all teams are required to have 5 lug nuts and the pit stops last an extra second I can see how that would ruin a race, but a serious crash or a wheel bouncing around the spectator area is incidental?

And there seems to be only one man left in NASCAR that hasn't sold his set to a sponsor!! Tony Stewart was fined this week by NASCAR for voicing his opinion about the danger involved when only partially securing a wheel/tire....I'M SORRY I HAVE TO STOP AND LAUGH EVERY TIME I TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE THOUGHT OF ONLY PARTIALLY SECURING A WHEEL!!!! Someone smarter than me at NASCAR must know that a PARTIALLY SECURED WHEEL is not some % more dangerous than a SECURED WHEEL?