Thread: No way out 40
View Single Post
3/27/16, 1:49 PM   #157
Blueracer123

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastaj View Post
Per US Gov site:
United States antitrust law is a collection of federal and state government laws that regulates the conduct and organization of business corporations, generally to promote fair competition for the benefit of consumers. (The concept is called competition law in other English-speaking countries.)
Appears to me this rule does exactly what the law is trying to prevent "fair competition for the benefit of consumers"
Don't get me wrong I run Purple, always have 100% of the time because I personally feel they have the best product, but choice should be left up to the consumer.
Yea sorry but your wrong. It would not hold up in court. Antitrust laws are in place so that no one person or corporation controls the entire market for one product or service. Aka, oil, cell phones, cars, ect. One track creating a rule that all four of the same tires on a car is not creating a monopoly.

If you don't like running all purple tires on your car. Do you have to race at that track? No! Just go to another track running your class that night and put on the other brand.

Now if every single track in the country said every single car had to run purple tires. Thus resoluting in the other brand going out of business. Then you can call monopoly and be angry about it.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, jim goerge, Smash the Loud Pedal