Thread: Shane Cockrum
View Single Post
1/18/16, 2:29 AM   #43
MMiller19

Not comparing them personally, just the type of situation.. but there is a picture of Dale Earnhardt that has been floating around on the internet of him "cheating" during a ride height inspection. "What a bad ass" and "that's old school racing" the majority said. Shane tries(?) a high risk, high reward move to get an advantage on 300+ cars at the biggest race of the year that's known for "no rules" and gets crucified to the fullest. The WORST you can call it a bone-head move and in no way does this define Shane's character from what I've seen. I'm sure a lot of you will disagree, but to me rules in racing are made to be bent, tweaked, and broken. Trying to get an advantage, legal or not, has always been the nature of the beast and so is the risk of getting caught. You win some, you lose some.. but remember, in the racing world and the real world.. "fair" only comes to town once a year. Kudos to Shane for trying if thats the case and Kudos to the track officials for doing their job. Now lighten up and move on.
Last edited by MMiller19; 1/18/16 at 2:53 AM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider