View Single Post
12/13/15, 10:41 AM   #150
Re: Tonights midget show
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Like so many others, we left before the B's. Actually, we left after the second yellow of Heat 5 when it was clear that no one was going to venture off the pole, even after the outside was loosened up and watered. It seemed like an odd time to do track prep, especially following the inexplicable red during Heat 4. Had they explained at that time the the real reason for the delays was due to the CO levels we may have tried to tough it out for a little longer but I doubt we would have hung on to the bitter end. Incidentally, they DID try to ventillate the place; I spoke to one of the ushers and he said they had every door in the place open. I don't know if that was true but I did pass a big industrial fan in an exterior doorway on my way to our seats, but it was blowing IN; may have worked better if they were oriented to blow fumes out, not try to bring fresh air in. If every fan in the place was pointed in that may have only served to trap what carbon monoxide was already inside. I know the stuff's tasteless/odorless/colorless but the "fumes" didn't seem nearly as bad as DuQuoin, Tulsa or Ft.Wayne. The quality of the racing's another story, but that could be fixed.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: jim goerge