View Single Post
12/13/15, 10:25 AM   #149
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Yes, last night was disappointing, but my expectations were set appropriately for a first time event with so many questions.

Yes, the red flag delays for fumes were frustrating. Personally, I thought it was fine, but I'm not responsible for the health and well-being of all attendees. My job isn't on the line if I allow them to keep racing even though levels are getting high. The fire marshal was doing his/her job and we should all be grateful that he/she was.

We didn't stay past the B mains. It was late and frankly, we were all over it by then.

The day wasn't just about racing though. We got to hang out with so many of our racing friends. It was like being at Bloomington, Putnamville, Haubstadt or Kokomo on a regular summer racing weekend. Without the event yesterday, we wouldn't have seen a lot of our friends until March. That was the true highlight of yesterday.

Hopefully the event returns next year with some tweaking. If so, we will be there. Congrats to Kyle Schuett on his first midget win. Watch this kid - he's a good one. And shout out to Chase Briscoe on his 3rd place finish. Awesome job!

Hope to see some of you Saturday at DQ!