Thread: Napcar works
View Single Post
11/2/15, 5:11 PM   #18
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
We all have our own favorite type of auto racing. I know I prefer midget, sprint and Silver Crown racing on dirt tracks, but I watch all types. I still love the Indy 500 (it is my favorite event) and I watch Formula One (the event at Austin, TX was particularly exciting) and yesterday F1 ran at Mexico City for the first time in twenty-three years in front of more than a hundred and twenty thousand fans (eighty-five thousand showed up just to watch practice). Wasn't the greatest race ever, as even the announcers said, but it generated a lot of interest worldwide. I watch NASCAR trucks, ARCA stock car, NHRA drag racing, and, well, you name it. If it has wheels and races I will probably watch. Since I don't care for stick and ball sports, I usually wind up watching the NASCAR race of the week. Like Jim, I sometimes get some quality nap time, as not every lap produces s
pine tingling action. But, to me, it is still more exciting than baseball or golf.
I hear people make negative comments about certain types of cars (midgets hurt my ears, Silver Crown cars are boring, not enough Americans in Indy cars, yadda, yadda, yadda) can't relate to F1, and so on. If we want our sport to prosper and grow, we need to support whatever particular niche we prefer, and refrain from bashing what we don't like.
I feel that any auto racing event that is successful, is good for all of the sport! A rising tide lifts all ships!
This is a good take but your on the wrong site to hope people have an open mind to other forms of racing.

2 members like this post: Mattmac05, ronmil