View Single Post
lllosingit2 (Offline)
  #18 8/31/15 7:27 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
You want to say Roy Caruthers has no idea what he's talking about?

Please embarrass yourself some more. He was only trying to be helpful and you won't accept that?
I never said Roy Caruthers has no idea what he was talking about when it was about the car. My comment was directed at this comment by him. "funny how people ask about things then don't want to hear the truth" and my reply was "Funny how people like you assume they know what they are talking about."
He assumed I don't want to hear that the car is newer than I was told. That's not the case at all as I said in the same post it doesn't really make any difference unless the car has some history behind it. I would like to know more about the car because in the condition it's in now it could be saved but if I tear it down and rebuild it as a street car it would be a huge step backwards if the car was worth restoring. Chances are that it's just as old sprint car like thousands of old cars sitting in/behind a shop and not of much value but I would rather preserve something than destroy it if it's worth preserving.

Again no disrespect to anyone on this message board but you also have to understand that I have heard a hundred compelling reasons why it's for sure this year or that year and not just on this forum, It's been done on other forums and while standing next to the car looking at the chassis and people noting it has a fiberglass seat that looks correct for the year they stated. Pointing out the lack of modern nerf bar mounts on the chassis and so on.