View Single Post
8/30/15, 11:16 PM   #11
Re: ID Help, Vintage Champ Car
lllosingit2

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer5c View Post
funny how people ask about things then don't want to hear the truth
Funny how people like you assume they know what they are talking about.I already figured the car wasn't early 60's but figured if I posted it on several forums someone would recognize the car. I really don't care unless the car has important history behind. If it does then it will be saved and not cut up and turned into a street car.

I will also add nobody has shown me anything the proves what year the car is. There are pictures of cars very similar to this being run in the late 60's.... Yes with a full cage and lots of cars this style were ran in the 70's and early 80's. This car has been discussed by people in other forums and a couple chassis builders that have been in the business for many decades and they can't even be certain because it's easy to update chassis over time. I do know the car sat in a shop in Muncie for over 20 years and have no reason to believe I was lied to about everything else that I was told by the gentleman. I already know it's had extensive modifications done on the chassis to make room for the powerglide trans and modded for the wide five quick change it has now. When I get it stripped down and on the table to get a cage added and lengthened then I'll know more.