View Single Post
8/5/15, 8:49 PM   #8
Re: Hartford, MI MTS Sprint & Open Wing Sprint Invitational-
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget 89 View Post
Hartford seems to be taking a good hard look at sprints. Could it be a regular weekly class?
We're poking around with different ideas as we edge towards the conclusion of the season. We have five weeks remaining and we're going to try and shake things up a bit to see if there is any particular direction we should be going.

The addition of the Open Sprint portion of the program was a direct result of our fans wanting more sprint car racing. This is also an opportunity to spotlight the MTS Sprints among a broader audience to potentially expand their brand.

We will be paying special attention to our Late Model program this week (8/7) and the Open Sprint show on 8/14 and see what happens. Nothing has been decided at this point regarding 2016. It seems that the Late Model community is in flux right now and our fans want more sprinters. But are there enough sprinters around to support a half mile on weekly or semi-weekly basis? I don't know for sure and that's why we are dabbling now instead of leaving questions on the table when snow flies.

My personal hope would be to see someone like Kevin Thomas Jr. show up to run double duty and see if he could do the sweep. (But then that's just the race fan in me.)

1 member likes this post: koolaid89