View Single Post
7/31/15, 2:51 PM   #65
Re: Thoughts on creating new fans
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
And for big races every one of those seats were empty with no blankets at 3pm when the gate open so that means those people were there and I've never seen em go unused at Kokomo. As others said they go out to the car or down to the bar for the other classes but their there when the sprints roll. Except maybe Pine and Aero. Sometimes they can't find the gate again
As the starter of this thread it is great to see the civil discourse and positive ideas. As to the seat saving it is like many things in which a few misuse the privlege.

1. No seats should be saved until the gates are open to all.

2. Saving more than one needs is unfair and unethical. For us who stand in-line prior to gate opening this seldom presents a problem. However, for the person who shows up at 5 or 5:30 why should they be presented with a vision of the top half completely covered by tape/blankets often which go under utilized. I do not like to use anecdotal evidence to make a generalization, but it seems clear from observation that this happens far too often ex. people who save 10, use 4, people who even cover the row in front of them so they have a place for their feet. As a person who saw Parnelli win a sprint car race, I can assure you this is a practice that has blossomed in the last decade.

3. Ban any folding seat that interferes with the leg room of the person behind.

The ultimate answer is for people to think of others, which may be difficult if not impossible since we seem to have lost the concept of the social contract that should exist between us all.

3 members like this post: DAD, dirt330, Wingman