View Single Post
7/30/15, 4:56 PM   #12
Re: Belleville & Powri
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
With midget racing struggling, why wouldn't people want to encourage anybody who can to go out and enjoy the event? To try and get Belleville to the event it once was? There's 3 or 4 guys I'm sure will be at Haubstadt that could run up front at the USAC event if there wasn't a conflict.. Which is a lot given what the car counts are for both series. The point about Haubstadt is, they have 3 USAC sanctioned events, and probably shouldn't schedule midgets against one of USAC's biggest midget races of the year, it's the principle. And on top of that, they schedule against 4Crown, which is another big event USAC has. I'm all about getting midget races in Indiana, but I'm sure there's some other dates they could've worked out if they wanted midget races, instead of scheduling against one another. In the end, it comes down to diluting the car counts as a whole for both groups, meaning the fans lose yet again.. Especially when a lot of the top drivers/ car owners run both series.
You keep harping about the 3 USAC races Haubstadt runs If you look all 3 are sprint car races not midget races. How maney midgets did USAC get to run Belleville last year 13 14 seems theres a lot of cars that didn't go west. Some of the best shows I have seen have had 20 cars and it was a great race. You don't have to have 50 cars in every class. I'll stick with Haubstadt & P0wrI

1 member likes this post: mlamb