View Single Post
7/6/15, 12:39 AM   #33
Re: Share Your Story
jim goerge

I first saw Bill at LPS riding his golf cart only I didn't know it was Bill I thought it was Spiker cuz he was stopping and talking seemed like to everyone ya know promoting. I wasn;t a member yet but I was checking out this site kind of lurking . Over that winter I joined this site and MSCS and we had LPS on the schedule and Bill was bringing out the new IOW shirts I sent him a PM about could he hold one for me till we raced there . he said he'd try but my size (big) were going fast. Well the day MSCS was going to race was sunny for awhile but quickly became nasty dark clouds I walked over to one of the building at the track and asked what were we going to do when I heard a voice say Jim and it came from the guy I thought was Spiker . Bill and I talked about half a hour then the sky's opened up Bill looked at me and asked Guess you want a ride back to your truck I said hell yeah and he acted like cart wouldn't start then he laughed and told me to climb on then he drove me back to MSCS truck rained out . Next time he came by the MSCS trailer he told me Come on take a ride so we rode around just talking when I said some off the wall s##t and he stopped and looked at me I thought I was going to have to walk back when he got that ornery smile on his face and said I agree with ya . We talked whenever I went to LPS, at the end of the season I had a heart attack and Bill PM'ed me for my phone number and we talked a couple of times I got down on myself thinking I was done and Bill got little loud on the phone telling me not to give up and that's when he told me about his problems. I think about how he had his problem and yet he's telling me to keep fighting. I wish he was still around cuz I have his problem now and love to chat with him about it . I keep remembering his Don't you ever give up and Mrs. G telling me to keep fighting the fight . Man I miss that golf cart

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, DirtHawk92, Jerry Shaw, Mrs G