View Single Post
7/2/15, 2:58 PM   #31
tdt636

I first met Bill in high school. I was a junior and he was a freshman. We ran cross country together and raced for last place. Bill later informed me that after I graduated, it turned out he was a pretty good runner. Bill was the Best Man in my wedding and during the ceremony all I could hear in my right ear was Ward Burton thanking me for having him in my wedding! Bill did a dead on Ward Burton impression.

My brother and I took Bill to Eldora for the first time. On the ride over there we told him how great the track was and the racing was awesome. He was disappointed when we told him the pits were in the infield so we couldn't stand on the trailer but we promised him we had the most incredible spot to watch the races from....up against the fence, between turns 1 and 2. On the way over to watch hotlaps I told Bill if watching the races from there didn't give him a "woody", something was wrong. After hotlaps, on the way back to the trailer he asked if Brian had any duct tape. I told him it was in the toolbox and asked why he needed duct tape. With that smile of his he said "Cause you were right. Thats was awesome and now I have a "woody". I better duct tape it to my belly before anyone sees!!!"

You get a friend like Bill only once in a lifetime and I'm hinored to call him one of my very best friends. Love ya and miss ya buddy