View Single Post
5/12/15, 9:11 AM   #14
Re: Midwest Division II Midget Series
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg45 View Post
Tree stump? There isnt any trees close to the track i think the pic is tricking you. And as for the tires yes this is being addressed
Jim

You are probably talking about my leaning tree. Located up on top of an embankment about 10 to 15 feet higher than the track. Yep I can't think of anybody in Midget racing that hold fuzzy feelings about earth-mover tires unless they are on earth-mover's prepping the track.

In Little Salem's distant path there was an owner by the name of Steve Smith that was also grader operator>>>near as I can figure Steve took that talent to his grave, because I have not seen any young up and coming operators plying their trade lately on a race track
. Steve could build a berm on the inside of the track about 12 to 18 inches tall, it was a determent as well as an asset to the racers, depending on their abilities. It didn't total any race cars. However Steve was a one of a kind guy. I have watched Steve go out with that antique grader and grade the top couple of inches off of the race track after a rain shower just to give us a track to race on. Wasn't anything that Steve couldn't do with that grader and a case of Beer beside him.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 5/12/15 at 9:21 AM.