View Single Post
jjones752 (Offline)
  #12 5/12/15 8:44 AM
If I can convince the crew chief/c.f.o. it's a good thing I do plan on coming out to support Thunder Valley on a Montpelier off-weekend (just not this one), but after seeing pictures and videos of last week's action I do have a couple of concerns:
I really don't like to see large heavy equipment tires ringing the inside of the track, especially one that seems to be pretty tight in terms of available runoff area; Montpelier seems to have gotten the message after Devin Fairchild's endo in his TQ last year and have replaced the big rubber with half-buried passenger car tires. Not the perfect solution but it seems like contact with them wouldn't be as likely to end in disaster.
In some photos of the track there appears to be a jagged tree stump up on the embankment above turn one, in a place that isn't protected by a catch fence; it's hard to tell how far from the track surface it so maybe someone who's been there can tell me if it's in an area that a car could end up if they happened to catch a right rear and go for a ride out of the park. If it is, I'd feel a lot better about anybody racing there, not just me, if someone went out with a chainsaw this week and cut that sucker flush to the ground...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97