Thread: Lawrenceburg
View Single Post
4/5/15, 2:38 PM   #57
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
The cautions appeared to be very costly for Dave Darland. I left wondering if Chad Boespflug thought he was actually in second place, instead of being a lap down. He was really racing hard, and I lost count of how many times DD had to repass him each time the caution came out. Many in the stands felt the debris caution, was unjustified, as many were chanting "NASCAR yellow". Had a good time though. Very strong crowd for such a cool evening.
The debris caution was justified as a wheel cover was laying at the top of turn 4. Chad thought he was out of the way by running the top obviously not knowing the guys behind him were coming around the highside. DD was probably lucky there were not any cautions earlier in the race as the guys who started behind him were coming fast.

On a good note it was good to see Logan make it to victory lane, and the race for 2nd through about 8th was intense those last 8 laps. The track needed some work, but with all the rain I'm just glad they were able to get the show in. On to the next one now.

2 members like this post: FishBurger, ronmil