Thread: Perris info
View Single Post
3/2/15, 12:07 AM   #15
Re: Perris info
Danny Burton

Rich, I went out to Perris for the Oval Nationals in November, 2011 and loved every minute, of course. This was the train trip that was supposed to include Marv and me, but Marv had to back out for family reasons. But he sent me on ahead by myself.

Stayed at the aforementioned Best Western in Moreno Valley and it was indeed a short trip down to Perris. Ran into nonwingsjeff, who was at the same motel. Saw Jonesy and was able to visit with Bob and Monica a good bit. Met a super guy named Bill Mackey, a true travelin' man. Ran into Mr. Wags himself, Ken Wagner, who at one point gave me a ride on his golf cart.

Scott did a great job on the PA and the late Ms. Evelyn Pratt owned the pits.

It does rain in SoCal, at least it did when I was there. This gave us two race programs in one day. And it was a bit chilly after that rain. But I didn't care; I was at a new track and not just any track.

Finally, Rich, if you are tired of beer , please know that this was the first track I've ever visited that sold wine. Food ain't cheap, but most folks know that going in, or at leaset they should.

Loved it, and, God willing, I'll go back again some day.

It was my first retirement gift to myself and it was maybe the best--or at least close to it.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, ISF