Thread: USAC HPD Series
View Single Post
2/22/15, 1:08 PM   #41
Re: USAC HPD Series
DAD

Sponsorship is one thing mandating one particular power plant or chassis or tire is another. I think the Sportsman Midget is the future, Mini sprints will hopefully blend right into the equation. Echo Tecs are good little motors and cheap if bought on the open Market. The guys up in Illinois have gone in the stock appearing direction. If you limit port work to no visible changes>>> Bowls and seats and valves and springs optional, I think you can regulate the engine. The Manufacture that has the best head design will be the Motor of choice for Sportsman racer.

If a guy develops a good aftermarket part Fuel Injection >>Water pump>>>adapter unlike Bob I am lazy and I would buy it from Them>>But my labor rate for working on my race cars unlike the national labor rate is the same as it was when I started a dime an hour, I can't afford to pay someone else to do too much work for me.

At my age I stay confused but still enjoy being just a little out of control. Thanks for keeping me inline. Honda as a sponsor is great Honda as a Dealer or Distributor for race motors doesn't excite me too much. Honda does have a motor that would be very competitive in a Midget, just don't say I have to race it only or that I have to buy it from them. I want to race the motor that I feel has the most potential for me to race. Don't read too much into my statements>>>I post for entertainment purpose only.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/22/15 at 1:27 PM.