View Single Post
1/30/15, 9:14 PM   #60
Re: Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th
bsmith8

I agree, please quit advertising Midgets. They are doing the same thing in Florida, the Gator Midget Nationals. I seen Tim Clauson even questioned the Gator Midget Nationals and it defiantly got me excited because I thought MIDGETS were racing in Florida. It is misleading to the fans and a sim racer like myself and people who own FULL MIDGETS. From my past sim experience a TQ is a TQ, a 600 or sidewinder a 600 or sidewinder, a mini sprint is a mini sprint, a focus is a focus or ecotech or Honda DII whatever they are this week and a Midget is a Full Up 400HP Midget with the driveline running between the drivers legs with an in and out box and takes a push truck to start it. If its Midgets that are advertised then I say let USAC, POWRI, NEMA, BMARA, ARDC and any true full midget race. Not dogging any of smaller engine sized race cars. In my sim experience (I know Its just a sim game or armchair racer) I enjoyed the TQ's and the 1200 Mini Sprints as well as I enjoyed the Full Midget. I think what Montpelier, Kokomo and even the Rumble series is doing for Midgets is great. But you are all race fans and or owners and competitors and you know the difference and know they are not true Full MIDGETS. But hey Im just a Sim Racer.

3 members like this post: DAD, ossuks, Sandy Lowe