View Single Post
1/30/15, 1:57 PM   #8
Re: The Great Name Debate
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

My apologies; when you said "I'm personally tired of this name debate thing" and "I've read these posts so many times I'm going nuts", I clearly misunderstood. As I said in my first post, "Midget" should be one of the choices, but I neglected to set the number in the poll to more than 4 and there's no way to change it.
You have every right to the opinion that Midgets should just be called Midgets. In many ways I agree, but as you also said in your post, there are differences in Sprint Cars too, and sometimes the organizers do feel compelled to differentiate slightly; "Racesaver" is a perfect example. They choose a name that distinguishes their group, and further investigation reveals that what they are after is affordable, economy-class racing. To me, that name is pure genius because it delivers the message without words like "econo" or "sportsman" that seems to stigmatize some who choose to go that route, but for one reason or another don't want to seem "cheap" or less than a pure, all-out race car.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 1/30/15 at 2:00 PM.