View Single Post
1/12/15, 10:08 AM   #4
Re: Trophys for Duquoin D II Midgets
DAD

Bobby

I just got my rules and entry form in the mail Saturday and you are right, not a mention of Sportsman Midgets.

I have been in contact with Jay and Steve Nace's assistant they says any stock block UN-modidied head Echotec , Focus or USAC Honda or Kenyon Midgets are welcome to race at the DuQuoin race.

Steve Nace the guy promoting the race is a hard guy to track down I am going to send him an email today and try to talk to him in person. Jay seems to think that using the term Midget in advertising the event may cause problems and step on toes. I for one do not know. I am sure that at the last race Steve agreed that it would be a good idea to include the Sportsman type Midgets in the show also.

We don't want a Tulsa type deal again. I suggested to Jay that the Midgets could run under the rules of the club they raced with, and that does not include Tulsa Shoot out rules, either the 2 rule version or the new improved 3 rule version. We would like to see the driver and car listed on the race results for that group last year.

Maybe we should adapt the Florida rule package My big concerns would be big bore big head motors and as far as I know no one can race that type motor in the Mid west. Montpelier??? maybe but I don't think any of their Sportsman Echotecs, Focus, Kenyon cars are out of spec?

Any Ideas??

This race is meant to help Midget car racing in the mid west if any of you Midget guys planing to attend have a question do it on IOW then we have a "Paper trail".

I will probably be the tec guy but would welcome tec's from other groups also.

Honest Dad himself